Event Phone: 646-269-9039
- The Well-Equipped Therapist Symposium - Bucks County
August 6, 2018 - August 7, 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD, Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP and Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Seats are very limited due to the interactive nature of the course.
The Well-Equipped Therapist Symposium will provide you with practical application of the current evidence and hottest topics in school-based practice. This is the essential course for the start of the school-year – whether you’re new to the practice, or you’re an experienced therapist seeking more ideas!
The 2-day Symposium consists of multiple Seminars and Clinical Reasoning Intensives. Seminars will cover varied areas of school-based practice from assessment, interventions, regulations, documentation and clinical decision-making. The Clinical Reasoning Intensives will engage the participants in group activities for team decision-making in determining need for related services (1st day) and goal writing (2nd day).
Click here for a 2-page brochure for The Well-Equipped Therapist Symposium – Bucks County, PA that you can download, print and share.
- Seminar 1: Prognostication & Backward Planning for School-based Therapists
- Seminar 2: Strength-based Approach to Assessment & Interventions
- Lunch (provided) and Networking
- Seminar 3: Determining Needs for OT/PT Services: IDEA & 504
- Seminar 4: Service Documentation and Data
- Clinical Reasoning Intensive 1: Decision-making and Debate to Determine Need for OT/PT Services
- Seminar 5: select one
- Systems Approach to Handwriting Interventions
- Physical Therapy and APE
- Seminar 6: select one
- Executive Function for School-based Therapists
- PT Tests & Measures for Students with Moderate to Severe Physical Disabilities
- Lunch (provided) and Networking
- Seminar 7: Motor Learning for School-based Therapists
- Clinical Reasoning Intensive 2: Goal-Writing Workshop
Morning Snack and Lunch are provided on both days. While we will have a variety of options, we may not be able to address all dietary needs – apologies in advance.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply evidence and clinical judgment in prognostication of post-secondary outcomes for student with disabilities
- Describe 3 ways to incorporate strength-based strategies in school-based practice
- Utilize decision-making questions that can help the IEP team determine need for related services under IDEA
- Identify 3 data-based elements to include in progress note documentations
- Implement a systems approach to address the handwriting skills of all students within a school
- Distinguish services provided by a physical therapist and adapted physical education
- Develop strategies to enhance executive function and, thus, participation in daily routines and activities
- Administer 5 standardized tests & measures for students with moderate to severe physical disabilities
- Incorporate 5 motor learning principles in interventions for students with disabilities
- Create data-based and student-focused IEP goals
Sponsored by Bucks County Intermediate Unit
OTs, COTAs, PTs and PTAs
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
The Well-Equipped Therapist qualifies for 11 hours of continuing education.
- New York: OTs, COTAs, PTs and PTAs will receive 13.2 contact hours
- New Jersey: Apply EBP, LLC is applying for approval for 11.0 credits for PTs & PTAs. Note that course pre-approval is not required for OTs and COTAs.
- Pennsylvania: Apply EBP, LLC is applying for approval for 11.0 contact hours for OTs, COTAs, PTs & PTAs
- Delaware: OTs, COTAs, PTs & PTAs will receive 11.0 contact hours
If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird – Group: $429 – save $70/participant if 3 or more from the same organization, community group/network or study group register by June 15, 2018. Register together or separately, indicating at least 2 of your co-therapists who are also registering. *AM Snack and Lunch provided for both days*
Early Bird – Individual: $469 – save $30 by registering by June 15, 2018. *AM Snack and Lunch provided for both days*
Full Price: $499 – available between June 16 – August 2, 2018. *AM Snack and Lunch provided for both days*
Click on the ticket type on top of this page. Enter required information. Select to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or by Check.
Pay via Credit Card or PayPal: You are registered instantly!
Pay via Check: You will receive instructions to send check via mail within 7 days to be registered.
Registrants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the course for a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There will be no refund for canceling less than 14 days prior to the course. Substitution is allowed with an email notification to email@example.com. ApplyEBP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 14 days prior to the course due to insufficient registration, with a full refund to registrants. Please do not arrange non-refundable travel arrangements until 13 days prior to the course, as ApplyEBP is not responsible for such expenses.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Venue Website: https://www3.bucksiu.org/Address:
Mission: As educational innovators, we ensure optimal growth of all learners by collaborating with our school districts and community to initiate, design, and deliver exemplary leadership, teaching and learning. To achieve this mission the IU follows an annual strategic plan as well as implementing the following goals and strategies into every project we take on.