Event Phone: 646-269-9039
- Jump-Start Their Futures! New York
April 9, 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD
Seats are limited due to the interactive nature of the course. Register early to secure one and save!
Do you have the right tools to promote successful transition? Transition to adulthood requires multifaceted advanced planning. Jump-Start Their Future! enriches your toolkit by adding multiple tools to assess and address different facets of transition: post-secondary education, work, independent living, school participation, community engagement, and interests & motivations.
Jump-Start Their Futures! will focus on post-secondary transition: from school to community, from student to citizen. Current evidence in post-secondary transition will be presented to inform OT & PT practice: predictors for successful transition, the role of related services in transition planning, data-based decision-making, collaborative interventions, and resources for work skills, independent living, and continued education. This course will provide and discuss tools & resources for assessment, equipment, environmental factors, interventions, communication with team members, and more.
Well-planned transitions not only facilitate uninterrupted progress, but also result in students who are prepared for life after school. This requires collaborative data planning, collection, analysis, and application. We will explore how student data gathered via various tools should shape post-secondary transition, our interventions, and service delivery for students preparing for adult life. Establishment of meaningful, measurable transition goals will also be discussed. Our time together will be filled with small group discussions and activities to apply information immediately.
Click here for a 1-page brochure that you can download, print and share.
This course is just the start of a shared learning experience with Apply EBP’s True Continuing Education Model! Every participant gets an exclusive membership to an online discussion group with speaker and other Apply EBP faculty members.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. List 5 key considerations for post-secondary transition
2. Describe the predictors for successful post-secondary transition
3. Develop meaningful, measurable goals for an Individualized Transition Plan
4. Select and apply appropriate assessment tools that are aligned with the post-secondary transition outcomes of youths with disabilities
5. Develop and implement an intervention plan that will address the student’s capacity for post-secondary education, independent living and/or employment
6. Create collaborative, sustainable data collection to monitor the youth’s Transition Plan
- Evidence-based Predictors of Successful Post-Secondary Transition
- Predictors for Success
- Role of Related Services in Transition
- Areas of Transition
- Potential Partners, Community and Individual Resources
- Tools to Assess and Address Individual Interest, Preference, Motivators
- Tools to Assess and Address Participation and Engagement in School and Community
- Participation and Engagement at School
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Community Participation
- Tools to Assess and Address Capacity for Post-Secondary Education
- Competence with Rights and IHE Regulations
- Campus Visits- Access/ Logistics/ IHE Specifics
- Dorm/ Activities of Daily Living
- Establishing Supports & Safety Network
- Tools to Assess and Address Capacity for Work
- Work Exploration/ Site Visits/ Access & Environment
- Work Habits
- Social Skills
- Physical Skills
- Sustaining Employment
- Tools to Assess and Address Capacity for ADLs and Independent Living
- Community Access/ Engagement/ Social Activity
- Recreation/ Physical Activity
- Lifelong Learning
OTs, PTs, COTAs, PTAs, and educators working with middle and high school students
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs, PTAs, OTs & COTAs in NY. If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email email@example.com.
January Launch Special: $189 – save $50 by registering by January 31, 2018.
Early Bird: $209 – save $30 by registering between February 1-28, 2018
Full Price: $239 – available starting March 1 through April 1, 2018
Click on the ticket type on top of this page. Enter required information. Select to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or by Check.
Pay via Credit Card or PayPal: You are registered instantly!
Pay via Check: You will receive instructions to send check via mail within 7 days to be registered.
Registrants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the course for a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There will be no refund for canceling less than 14 days prior to the course. Substitution is allowed with an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. ApplyEBP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 21 days prior to the course due to insufficient registration, with a full refund to registrants. Please do not arrange non-refundable travel arrangements until 20 days prior to the course, as ApplyEBP is not responsible for such expenses.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Venue Website: https://www.nyu.edu/about/leadership-university-administration/office-of-the-president/office-of-the-provost/university-life/office-of-studentaffairs/wasserman-center-for-career-development.htmlAddress: