Event Phone: 646-269-9039
- March 19, 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
“This course was very informative – info I can put to good use. Ms. Johnson also provides great research. Really made me think of assessing students fitness.”
“Wealth of information! Thank you for sharing your program!”
“Very relevant due to career & college ready IEPs.”
“Bring Connie back next year!”
“Very informative and helped to expand my thoughts about practice area.”
“An area I want to explore more in my districts.”
“Great structure! Really liked the case study Embedded into the data/research.”
Early bird ends February 19!
Seats are limited due to the interactive nature of the course. Register early to secure one and save!
Are your students ready to enter the workforce? Youth with disabilities lack physical fitness across diagnoses, including Down Syndrome, Autism and Intellectual Disability. Poor physical fitness negatively impacts all aspects of life, especially participation in vocational tasks, and competitive work opportunities. As movement system experts, therapists have the responsibility and knowledge to maximize fitness levels and employability.
The course Fit4Work! will introduce attendees to a program which supports physical fitness and remediation of physical attributes of youth with disabilities, with the goal of enhancing their potential for employment. The presenter will review ergonomic concepts and employment facilitators for individuals with disabilities. Participants will learn to use the Fit4Work Screen to assess the youth’s general fitness and work capacity using case studies. The presenter will guide participants through analyses of the results of the Fit4Work Screen, and the creation of individualized fitness programs. Participants will discuss and practice strategies to remediate physical fitness impairments that affect participation in work activities. They will learn how to engage, collaborate, and coach school staff to take part in the planning and implementation of the Fit4Work program.
Click here for a 1-page brochure to download, print and share.
This course is just the start of a shared learning experience with Apply EBP’s True Continuing Education Model! Every participant gets an exclusive membership to an online discussion group with speaker and other Apply EBP faculty members.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply foundational concepts in ergonomic literature to individuals with disabilities
- Utilize at least 3 standardized assessment tools to include in a work capacity evaluation for youth with disabilities
- Design interventions and school programs to improve neuromuscular attributes of youth with disabilities and increase their potential to participate in work activities
- Identify strategies to collaborate, engage and train school staff to improve youth with disabilities’ participation in work tasks
- Why We Need Fit4Work
- Factors Affecting Employment
- Ergonomic and Population Health Concepts
- Components of Fitness & Their Impact on ICF Domains
- Work Capacity Evaluation Tools & Strategies
- Standardized & Non-standardized Tests
- Fit4Work Screen & Squat Checklist
- Impact of Test Results on Work Participation
- Matching Job Requirements with Strengths of Individuals
- Work Capacity Interventions
- Population Health
- Motor Learning
- Functional Fitness Activities
- Staff Education
- Fit4Work Program Planning
- Working with School Teams
- Implementing Fit4Work
OTs, PTs, COTAs, PTAs and Educators
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
This course qualifies for the equivalent of 6 hours of training.
- New York: PTs, PTAs, OTs & COTAs will receive 6 contact hours.
- Pennsylvania: Approved for continuing education hours for OTs, COTAs, PTs & PTAs
- New Jersey: Apply EBP, LLC has applied for approval for 6.0 credits for PTs & PTAs. Note that there is no CEU approval process for OT/COTA.
- Connecticut: Note that CT does not require pre-approval of continuing education courses. The content of this course qualifies as continuing education as per DPH OT and PT regulations.
If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email email@example.com.
January Launch Special: $189 – save$50 by registering by January 31, 2018.
Early Bird: $209 – save $30 by registering between February 1 – February 19
Full Price: $239 – available starting February 20 – March 12, 2018
Click on the ticket type on top of this page. Enter required information. Select to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or by Check.
Pay via Credit Card or PayPal: You are registered instantly!
Pay via Check: You will receive instructions to send check via mail within 7 days to be registered.
Registrants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the course for a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There will be no refund for canceling less than 14 days prior to the course. Substitution is allowed with an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. ApplyEBP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 21 days prior to the course due to insufficient registration, with a full refund to registrants. Please do not arrange non-refundable travel arrangements until 20 days prior to the course, as ApplyEBP is not responsible for such expenses.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Venue Website: https://www.nyu.edu/about/leadership-university-administration/office-of-the-president/office-of-the-provost/university-life/office-of-studentaffairs/wasserman-center-for-career-development.htmlAddress: