Event Phone: 646-269-9039
- Everything’s Measurable! ICF-based Approach to Pediatric OT & PT - LA
April 14, 2018 - April 15, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
“As a lifetime peds therapist, this course presented me with a unique opportunity to confront my personal biases & opinions, and reinvent my approach to a more solid evidence-based practice.” – PT with 25 years experience
“This course opened my eyes to the many options of assessments out there & the benefit of being very individualized with what I choose. Loved the toolkit! Will refer to them often!” – OT with 7.5 years experience
“Just amazing. Thank you for making my brain hurt. I can’t wait to put this information to practice.” – OT with 13 years experience
“This was great information for me as a COTA to have, as I read OT assessments and assist with goal development.” – COTA with 3 years experience
“Carlo kept it fun and interesting despite the magnitude of the material he covered.” – PT with 22 years experience
“I have been in school-based setting for the past 4 years and would have loved this information (or other PTs at my job who knew this information) sooner. His knowledge-base helped me come up with more tests that I would use in the future.” – PT with 16 years experience
“A+! Clear, interesting, informative, thought-inspiring, well-organized. Book & placemats [practical toolkit] are extremely helpful.” – PT with 40 years experience
Everything’s Measurable! is a highly-interactive workshop on the assessment of children and youth with neurologic, orthopedic and developmental disabilities, 3-21 years old. The speaker will highlight the advantages of using the International Classification of Function (ICF) as a framework to guide the assessment process. Participants will learn the psychometric properties, statistical norms, and interpretation of tests and measures covering the different domains of the ICF: personal factors, environmental factors, participation, activity, and body structure & function.
This workshop will cover 60+ standardized and non-standardized tools. The speaker will also highlight the use of free, functional, and easy-to-use tests for participation, personal factors, arm function, gross motor function, wheelchair mobility, and body structure & function.
Participants will practice administration and scoring of tests! The speaker will illustrate the proper selection and utilization of tests and measures in determining the need for therapy services, designing intervention, and monitoring outcomes in various practice settings (i.e., home, clinic, hospital, and school). Participants will lean to organize and conduct assessment using a Hypothesis Oriented Pediatric Algorithm (HOP-FA) + ICF-based Approach.
Click here for a 1-page brochure that you can download, save, print and share.
Seats are limited due to the interactive nature of the course. Register early to secure one and save!
This course is just the start of a shared learning experience with Apply EBP’s True Continuing Education Model! Every participant gets an exclusive membership to an online discussion group with speaker and other Apply EBP faculty members.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply an ICF-based approach to assessment of children and youth with disabilities
2. Administer, score and interpret various tests and measures for the different domains of the ICF
3. Select a combination of tests and measures across the different domains of the ICF to help determine the need for therapy services
4. Utilize the results of the ICF-based assessment process in designing interventions for, and monitoring progress of children and youth with disabilities
OTs, PTs, COTAs and PTAs serving children and youth with disabilities, 3-21 years old
- Assessment and Practical Statistics for Therapists
- ICF-based Approach to Assessment
- Tools to Assess Personal Factors: Preferences, Behavior, Goals and Self-determination
- Tools to Assess Participation & Environment: Ecological Assessment & Standardized Tools
- Tools to Assess Activity: Mobility
- Tools to Assess Activity: Upper Extremity Function
- Tools to Assess Activity: ADL
- Tools to Assess Activity: Recreation
- Tools to Assess Activity: Wheelchair Operation
- Tools to Assess Body Structure and Function
- Practical Toolkit: Diagnosis-specific Assessments & Setting-specific Assessments
- Clinical Decision-Making: Interpreting Results, Designing Interventions & Monitoring Progress; The HOP-FA + ICF Approach
- Clinical Reasoning: Case Studies
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
This course qualifies for 12 hours of Continuing Education. This course has been approved for 1.2 CEUs by the California Physical Therapy Association. If you are from another state and would like to obtain CEUs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
February Special: $369 – save $60 by registering in January & February 2018
Early Bird: $399 – save $30 by registering on March 1-16, 2018
Full Price: $429 – available on March 17 – April 7, 2018
Click on the ticket type on the top of this page. Enter required information. Select to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or by Check.
Pay via Credit Card or PayPal: You are registered instantly!
Pay via Check: You will receive instructions to send check via mail within 7 days to be registered.
Registrants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the course for a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There will be no refund for canceling less than 14 days prior to the course. Substitution is allowed with an email notification to email@example.com. ApplyEBP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 21 days prior to the course due to insufficient registration, with a full refund to registrants. Please do not arrange non-refundable travel arrangements until 20 days prior to the course, as ApplyEBP is not responsible for such expenses.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Venue: West Coast University