- Apps for ALL
April 8, 2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Click here for a 2-page brochure that you can download, print and share!
“Great topics, lots of research to backup info and very applicable to everyday practice in the schools. Very informative!” – PT with 20+ experience
“Very engaging and informative. I really enjoyed exploring the pass around items.” – OT with 3 years experience
“Thanks for the simple ideas that I can use when I go back to school tomorrow.” – PT with 17 years experience
“Lots of energy!” – OT with 18 years experience
How do you support learners across platforms and curriculum using apps and extensions, many of them free and low cost? We will find out by identifying and engaging with apps and extensions on a variety of technological devices, such as an iPad, Chromebook, PC, Mac and Android tablet.
Each student is very individual in their needs, behaviors, and challenges which is why using apps and extensions for personalizing your approach is beneficial. Jennifer will discuss how apps and extensions can be used to personalize learning for a wide range of students including, but not limited to, those with poor handwriting skills, visual processing disorders, and communication deficits.
The use of these apps and extensions are critical in creating access for ALL students. Jennifer will demonstrate and participants will explore use of amazing apps and extensions. We will collaborate to create a useful checklist of the features of the tools we explore so they will be easy to identify, implement in your work environment and match with your student’s needs.
There will be plenty of opportunities to play and explore, using the apps and extensions to solve real-life scenarios including some of your own, which may include how to help a student with dyslexia, autism and dysgraphia. As an added BONUS, you will leave with a collaboratively created toolbox of apps and extensions that will be accessible online so you can implement them immediately.
Technology need: To optimize exploration of apps & extensions, attendees are required to bring a technology device that you typically utilize. Some examples: iPad, Chromebook, PC, Mac or Android tablet
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify at least 3 pathways to finding apps and extensions that support student learning on various devices and platforms
- Generate a checklist of features of at least 3 apps or extensions features for 2 applications that are explored
- Match features of 2 apps and extensions to a case study of a child with a reading or writing disability
- Collaboratively create an online tool to house resources for implementation
- Apps as a learning support
- Multiple Means of Engagement
- Multiple Means of Representation
- Multiple Means of Action/Expression
- Apps for Communication
- Apps for Writing
- Apps for Reading
- Apps for Math
- Apps Implementation: Case Study
- Student with Writing Difficulties
- Student with Reading Difficulties
- Creation of Online Apps Toolbox
- Participant Led Discussion/Discoveries
OTs, COTAs, SLPs and other related services providers and educators working with students with disabilities
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
This course qualifies for 6 hours of Continuing Education.
- Connecticut: Note that CT does not require pre-approval of continuing education courses. The content of this course qualifies as continuing education as per DPH OT and PT regulations.
- Massachusetts: The MA Board of Allied Health Professionals does not require pre-approval of continuing education courses.
- New York OT: OTs and COTAs will receive 6 contact hours
- New York SLP: Apply EBP, LLC is a New York State Speech Board approved provider of continuing competency for speech-language pathologists and audiologists. Attendees can use the certificate of completion awarded at the end of the course for their ASHA Certification Maintenance Hours.
- Pennsylvania: OTs, PTs, COTAs & PTAs will receive 6 CE credits as per PA OT Board Regulations § 42.54(c)(8)
and PA PT Board Laws & Regulations § 40.67 (d)(1)(i)(H)
- NBCOT: You can use the certificate of completion handed at the end of the course and this brochure when submitting for NBCOT certification renewal.
TICKET PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
- Apps for ALL! Early Bird – Group: $189 – save $50/participant if 3 or more from the same organization, community group/network or study group register by March 8, 2019. Register together or separately, indicating at least 2 of your co-therapists who are also registering.
- Apps for ALL! Early Bird – Individual : $209 – save $30 by registering by March 8, 2019
- Apps for ALL! Full Price: $239 – available on March 8 – April 2, 2019
Save even more by attending AT for All!, which includes both Apps for ALL! and My Computer Can Do What?!
- AT for All! Early Bird – Group: $369 – save $109/participant if 3 or more from the same organization, community group/network or study group register for both courses by March 8, 2019. Register together or separately, indicating at least 2 of your co-therapists who are also registering.
- AT for All! Early Bird – Individual : $209 – save $79 by registering for both courses by March 8, 2019
- AT for All! Full Price: $429 – save $49 for registering for both courses, available on March 8 – April 2, 2019
Click on the ticket type on top of this page. Enter required information. Select to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or by Check.
Pay via Credit Card or PayPal: You are registered instantly!
Pay via Check: You will receive instructions to send check via mail within 7 days to be registered.
Registrants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the course for a refund minus a $75 administration fee. There will be no refund for canceling less than 14 days prior to the course. Substitution is allowed with an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. ApplyEBP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 14 days prior to the course due to insufficient registration, with a full refund to registrants. Please do not arrange non-refundable travel arrangements until 13 days prior to the course, as ApplyEBP is not responsible for such expenses.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Venue Website: https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/nyc-conference-centerAddress: